Kale Salad with Black Garlic
Black garlic—which is fermented and is mild, sweet and savory—make this salad a treat. Plus you get your greens in!
- 1 head black garlic (fermented), minced
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt (see Notes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, diced
- 1 lb kale, stemmed and chopped - Lacinato kale works well (see Notes)
Whisk together dressing ingredients: garlic, yogurt, oil, vinegar and salt Toss the Kale, olives and shallots with the dressing and serve.
Tips & Notes
- For a lower fat option, substitute 1 cup low fat Greek Yogurt with 2 teaspoons of water stirred in
- Save the crunchy kale stems to use in a stir fry.
Calories: 204, Fat: 14 g, Cholesterol: 7 mg, Sodium: 153 mg, Carbohydrate: 13 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 6 g