So easy and so delicious, this simplicity of this bruschetta accentuates the freshness of the tomatoes and herbs.
- 1 pound roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, basil, and parsley. Toss with dressing.
- Slice baguette into 1" slices, place the slices on a baking sheet and bake until bread is lightly toasted, about three minutes.
- Top each slice with the tomato mixture and serve.
Tips & Notes
For a garlicky version, rub the toasted bread slices with 2 peeled garlic cloves before topping with the tomato mixture.
301 calories, 5 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 747 mg. sodium, 56 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 10 g. protein