Spaghetti with Shrimp, Spinach and Artichokes
This is one of our High Five recipes, made from five main ingredients or less. Simplify your life with more delicious High Five recipes.
Keep it simple and satisfying, with shrimp, spinach and artichoke hearts bathed in olive oil and parmesan cheese. Whole wheat pasta gives the dish a nutty, chewy base that is both filling and energizing.
The High Five
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and trimmed
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
Pantry and Kitchen Items
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Boil a pot of water for the spaghetti. Prep the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat for about a minute, then add the shrimp and salt. Stir and turn the shrimp until they turn pink. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts and stir until the spinach is just wilted and the artichoke hearts are heated through.
- While you sauté the shrimp, cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well.
- Add the drained spaghetti to the sauté pan, and toss to mix well. Sprinkle in the Parmesan as you toss, coating the hot pasta with cheese. Grind pepper over the pasta to taste and serve hot.
Try adding a quarter teaspoon of red pepper flakes while sautéing the shrimp for a punch of heat and serve with lemon wedges to pass at the table. Serve this hearty pasta dish with a simple side salad of mixed baby greens dressed in balsamic vinaigrette to round out the meal.
500 calories, 18 g. fat, 115 mg. cholesterol, 1010 mg. sodium, 56 g. carbohydrate, 12 g. fiber, 30 g. protein