Rustic Artichoke Spinach Dip
A slightly kicked up version of the classic, much loved artichoke dip is a simple appetizer to whip up for a crowd.
- 1/2 cup canned or marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pickled jalapeño peppers
- 3 tablespoons roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mince the artichoke hearts, spinach, jalapeño pepper and green onion. Place them into a mixing bowl, add the Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice and roasted red peppers, then fold the ingredients together with a spatula. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve this bright and zesty dip with baguette slices, crostini or fine crackers. Add a teaspoon of fresh chopped garlic for a deeper flavor or more jalapeño peppers for extra kick!
Calories: 89, Fat: 49 g, Cholesterol: 9 mg, Sodium: 287 mg, Carbohydrate: 6 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 4 g