Macadamia Nut Pesto
Total Time:30 minutes
A deliciously rich and creamy pesto. Great on pasta, pizza, fresh bread, fish or steamed veggies.
- 2 cups basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive or macadamia oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt to taste
- Combine basil, nuts, and garlic in a food processor, pulsing to form a coarse mix.
- Add cheese and salt and blend, slowly adding oil until pesto is smooth. Add more oil if needed.
265 calories, 27 g. fat, 3 mg. cholesterol, 54 mg. sodium, 5 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 4 g. protein