Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
Total Time: 40 minutes; 20 minutes active
Servings: 48 truffles
These chocolate indulgences are surprisingly easy to make. Perfect for the holidays or any special occasion.
- 2 1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup toasted almonds, ground
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup (6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed vanilla wafers, ground almonds, cinnamon, and powdered sugar.
- With a rubber spatula, mix in melted chocolate, pumpkin, and coffee liqueur. Let stand 10 minutes to firm up.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls, place on a wax paper-lined plate, and refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped toasted almonds just before serving.
Calories: 47, Fat: 16 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 16 mg, Carbohydrate: 7 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 1 g