Enjoy this simple chantilly crème, a French classic that can be added to many cakes and pastries.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or scrape the inside of a single vanilla bean)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Add ice and water to a large mixing bowl.
- Place a medium sized bowl inside the large bowl. Add cream and vanilla extract. Using a whisk or hand mixer, start beating the cream and then add confectioner's sugar. Whip until the mixture holds a stiff peak.
Serve with fresh berries, fruit tarts, berry pies or chocolate cake and brownies.
Tips & Notes
Tip: If using a hand mixer rather than a whisk, start by beating the cream on slow speed. As the cream thickens you can start mixing faster.
Whipping and folding are two processes often required for many dessert recipes. Chris Ryding demonstrates whipping by making a simple chantilly crème, a French classic that can be added to many cakes and pastries. He then demonstrates the process of folding.
Proudly sponsored by Organic Valley.
Per 2 tablespoons: 53 Calories , 6 g. fat, 20 mg. cholesterol, 6 mg. sodium, 1 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 0 g. protein