Curried Rice with Pistachios
Total Time: 45 minutes, 10 minutes active
Servings: 6 to 8
This simple rice pilaf is a cinch to make. If you have leftover rice, you can whip this up in no time at all.
- 2 cups brown rice, medium grain
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch scallions, sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and reduce heat, and simmer until all water is absorbed. Set aside and let cool.
- In a blender or small food processor, blend together apple juice, lemon juice, coconut milk, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss cooled rice with dressing, scallions, and pistachios.
341 calories, 10 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 404 mg. sodium, 57 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 7 g. protein