Smoked Salmon and Arugula Salad
This simple salad is a great lunch, and the soft, salty salmon pairs perfectly with crisp greens and creamy dressing. You can use fat-free yogurt and low fat mayo if you want to keep the fat content low, or full-fat, for a richer dressing. If you want to snip some fresh dill weed over the salmon, that would be lovely, too.
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, fat free
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 cups cherry tomato, halved
- 8 ounces lox, thinly sliced, cut in bite-sized pieces
- In a blender or food processor, mince the garlic, then add the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and salt and puree. Scrape down and repeat if necessary, then drizzle in the olive oil with the machine running. Reserve.
- On each of four salad plates, arrange the arugula, then top it with carrot shreds and tomatoes. Pile the salmon in the center. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
214 calories, 12 g. fat, 15 mg. cholesterol, 1529 mg. sodium, 13 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 15 g. protein