Maple Chocolate Tofu Pudding
Total Time: 10 minutes (not including refrigeration time)
This simple and delicious dessert holds appeal far beyond for tofu lovers.
- 1 package silken tofu, extra firm (12.5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor, puree the tofu, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Microwave half the chocolate chips for 40-60 seconds and stir to blend. Add the melted chocolate and half the sliced almonds to the tofu mixture and blend until smooth. Remove from the food processor and stir in the remaining almonds and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes until firm. Serve as a dessert or topping
277 calories, 14 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 7 mg. sodium, 34 g. carbohydrates,3 g. fiber, 7 g. protein