- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 2 tablespoons green bell pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce (or other chili paste/hot sauce)
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 egg, hardboiled, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 1 ripe avocado
In a mixing bowl, stir together the green pepper, sweet relish, lemon juice, mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce. Toss the sauce gently with the crab meat, season with salt and pepper, and set aside. Halve the avocado lengthwise, remove the pit and peel, and then slice each half into six long strips. To serve, place 6 avocado slices on a plate in a star pattern, top with alternating slices of egg and tomato arranged in a circle, then scoop half the crab mixture onto the center of the plate.
While a stuffed avocado is the classic presentation, crab salad is also an elegant lunch served on a toasted baguette or sliced croissant. Substitute small cooked shrimp for the crabmeat if you prefer.