Tuscan Tuna Nicoise
Stuck in a tuna salad rut? Try this classic, grown-up version, featuring artichokes, olives, fresh herbs, and bright citrus flavors. With a side of roasted potatoes or green beans, it's sure to become part of your regular lunch rotation.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained well
- 4 canned whole artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata or black olives, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, basil, and garlic.
- Add the drained tuna and chopped artichokes, red bell pepper, kalamata or black olives, and red onion.
- Mix everything together with clean hands or a spoon until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with roasted potatoes, green beans, olives, and tomato wedges.
Per Serving: 338 calories, 24 g. fat, 40 mg. cholesterol, 3 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. dietary fiber, 30 g. protein, 646 mg. sodium