Mediterranean Orzo Pasta
A simple and flavorful Mediterranean-inspired orzo salad; perfect for lunch or dinner and potlucks or picnics.
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- In a medium stock pot, boil the pasta in salted water until al dente, stirring often. Remove from heat, drain the pasta well, rinse with cold water and reserve.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic and olive oil. Add the prepped vegetables, olives, feta cheese and cooked pasta to the dressing and mix well. Season to taste with pepper.
Served at room temperature, this salad is a delicious complement to Mediterranean-inspired chicken or seafood dishes and an easy make-ahead dish for potlucks or picnics.
Calories: 288, Fat: 14 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Sodium: 550 mg, Carbohydrate: 33 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 9 g