Ginger Tuna Salad
Fresh ginger, lemon grass and fish sauce give this Asian-inspired tuna salad delicious appeal.
- 1 12-ounce can water-packed tuna, drained well
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer stalk removed, tender inner parts thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together thoroughly, breaking any large chunks of tuna into smaller pieces.
Enjoy this lively, Asian-inspired tuna salad in a lettuce leaf wrap or atop chilled soba or rice noodles, accompanied with a cup of miso soup and rice crackers.
168 calories, 7 g. fat, 19 mg. cholesterol, 925 mg. sodium, 7 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 19 g. protein