Gingered Beet and Apple Salad
This jewel toned sweet slaw is a beautiful, refreshing and delicious. A great recipe for beet fans and beet hesitators alike.
- 1 pound beets, peeled
- 1 apple (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 pound carrots, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoon apple cider
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using the shredding blade of a food processor or a grater, shred the beets, apple, and carrots. Mix well with the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate to let the flavors blend.
- Try using other varieties of beets, like golden or chiogga beets,for an even more colorful salad.
Pair this sweet vegetable slaw with salty or spicy dishes flavored with miso or tamari, or serve as a side to hot-and-sour soup or pork.
Calories: 107, Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 68 mg, Carbohydrate: 16 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 2 g