Deviled Eggs with Chipotle and Bacon
These deviled are perfect as an appetizer or served with a crisp Romaine lettuce salad or grilled meats.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1-2 tablespoons chipotle peppers, finely chopped or pureed
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Pinch each of salt and ground black pepper
- 2 strips cooked bacon, finely chopped
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Place the eggs in a large pot and fill with cold water to about an inch above the eggs. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and cool the eggs in a bowl of ice water. When cool enough to handle, peel the eggs. Carefully cut each egg in half lengthwise and remove the yolks, placing them in a mixing bowl. Set aside the egg white halves and prepare the filling.
- Mash the yolks in the mixing bowl; add the mayonnaise, mustard, relish, chipotle peppers, green onion, salt and pepper. Blend well. Spoon the filling equally into the egg white halves (or use a pastry bag to pipe in the filling). Sprinkle each of the deviled eggs with bacon bits and a little paprika before serving.
Deviled eggs are great as part of an appetizer tray or served with a crisp Romaine lettuce salad or grilled meats. Substitute soy bac’un bits for a vegetarian dish.
117 calories, 8 g. fat, 189 mg. cholesterol, 151 mg. sodium, 3 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 7 g. protein