Cracked Black and Blue Canapes
- 1/2 pound roast beef, sliced thinly
- 1/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled or bite-sized
- 6 scallions
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon cracked or freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound cream cheese, softened (optional)
- Trim the scallions into 24 pieces, approximately 3 inches long.
- Cut the roast beef into strips, approximately 1–2 inches wide by 6 inches long. Lay out the roast beef strips and add a scallion slice, a small dollop of stone-ground mustard, and a large pinch of blue cheese. Sprinkle lightly with cracked black pepper.Lift the bottom edge of the roast beef up and over the scallion and cheese, then roll upwards, jelly-roll style.
- Skewer each roll with a toothpick and serve on a platter.