Braised Chicken in Mustard Sauce
This tasty braised chicken is delicious served with garlic mashed potatoes and your favorite oven-roasted vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy pan over medium heat. Brown chicken thighs on both sides.
- Remove chicken and drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat from pan.
- Sauté shallots on medium-low heat until translucent, but not browned.
- Add white wine, chicken stock and garlic cloves.
- Add chicken back to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, until chicken is tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan again and bring liquid to a boil; reduce by 3/4. Once the liquid has thickened, add mustard and capers. Season with salt and black pepper. Add butter to enrich.
- Add chicken and warm through.
Tips & Notes
Serving Tip: Great when served with garlic mashed potatoes and your favorite oven-roasted vegetables.
Per Serving: 362 calories, 24 g. fat, 87 mg. cholesterol, 3 g. carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 17 g. protein, 1,482 mg. sodium