Asian Barbecue Chicken
Asian barbecue sauce imparts a flavorful new twist to this quick and easy oven baked "barbecue" chicken.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces Asian barbecue sauce
- 3/4 pound red cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 bunch scallions, diced
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse and dry chicken pieces. Place them in a bowl with the barbecue sauce and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Prepare the vegetables and place in a casserole dish along with the water.
- Place the marinated chicken on top of the vegetables. Brush the chicken with the rest of the barbecue marinade and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake another 20-25 minutes. The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve the chicken with the vegetables and juices.
Tips & Notes
Serving Tip: Serve with black sesame rice, Asian coleslaw, or gingered snap peas.
Per Serving: 291 calories, 7 g. fat, 118 mg. cholesterol, 9 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. dietary fiber, 45 g. protein, 423 mg. sodium