Wheat-free Vanilla Cupcakes
Total Time:40 minutes
Servings:12 regular or 24 mini cupcakes
Using a wheat-free flour mix makes these cupcakes a snap to bake. Enjoy with lemon and vanilla buttercream icing.
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup wheat-free flour mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the melted butter with the eggs and vanilla, then mix in the sugar.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the wheat-free flour mix, salt, baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing well, then add the milk and blend to a smooth consistency. Scoop or pipe the batter into a prepared cupcake pan lined with paper liners. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature before icing.
Enjoy these wheat-free cupcakes with Lemon and Vanilla Buttercream Frosting as a decadent treat.
214 Calories, 13 g. fat, 66 mg. cholesterol, 684 mg. sodium, 17 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 2 g. protein