Waldorf Salad with Yogurt and Honey
Total Time:30 minutes
Yogurt replaces the traditional mayonnaise in a refreshing version of this American classic.
- 2 cups apple (1 large apple), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup celery (2-3 ribs), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest (about 2-3 tablespoons juice)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, yogurt and honey. In a large salad bowl, gently toss the apples, grapes, celery, and walnuts with the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Substitute nonfat Greek yogurt for a lower-fat version if you like.
Showcasing the fruits of autumn, a scoop of Waldorf salad is delicious with a brunch omelet or frittata, or served on a bed of spinach alongside spanakopita or stuffed grape leaves.
Calories: 190, Fat: 10 g, Cholesterol: 4 mg, Sodium: 36 mg, Carbohydrate: 23 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 6 g