Thai Seafood Curry
A tasty Thai-style curry with seafood, snow peas and red peppers.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste (see Notes)
- 1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 pound tilapia (or other firm white fish), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Thai basil (or basil), sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, snap peas, red pepper and seafood, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the seafood is cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the Thai basil and let sit one minute before serving.
Serve with white or brown jasmine rice with lime wedges, if desired.
370 calories, 24g. fat, 104 mg. cholesterol, 1008 mg. sodium, 14 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 26 g. protein