Teriyaki Pork Chops with Blueberry-Ginger Relish
Total Time:2 1/2 hours (including 2 hours marinating time)
Servings:4, 1 chop & 1/4 cup relish each
Just 5 minutes in the morning is all it takes to get these pork chops marinating so they're for dinner grilling.
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops, (about 1 3/4 pounds), trimmed of fat
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To marinate: Place pork chops in a large sealable plastic bag. Whisk soy sauce, sherry, garlic, brown sugar and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Add the marinade to the bag, seal and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To prepare relish: About 20 minutes before grilling the pork, combine blueberries, shallot, chile, cilantro, lime juice, ginger and salt in a small bowl.
- Preheat grill to high. Remove the pork chops from the marinade (discard marinade). Grill the chops 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving with the relish.
208 calories, 7 g. fat, 83 mg. cholesterol, 251 mg. sodium, 8 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 27 g. protein, 0 mg. sugar