Super-Duper Sandwich Faces
Put smiles on your children's faces with fun and healthy egg-cellent sandwiches!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 radish, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 4 black olives, sliced
- 2 green beans
- 1 baby pickle
- 1 cherry tomato
- 3 carrots
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- Put the eggs in a large saucepan and cover them with cold water. Bring the water to a boil. Boil the eggs for 3 minutes, uncovered. Cover the pan and remove it from the heat. Let it sit for 8 minutes. Remove the eggs from the pan. Cool them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Peel the eggs.
- Chop eight of the eggs into small pieces. Place the chopped eggs in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, green onion, and paprika. Mix together. Spread the egg salad on the slices of bread.
Nose and Mouth
Add noses. Put a pickle on the first bread slice. Put half of a cherry tomato on the second bread slice. Cut a slice of carrot for the nose on the third bread slice.
Add mouths. Use a green bean on the first bread slice. Use slices of green and red pepper on the second and third bread slices.
Add hair. Use mixed salad greens on the first bread slice. Cut a carrot into short slices and place them on the second bread slice. Use a peeler to peel long, thin strips of carrot. Use it for hair on the third bread slice.
Serve with replacement ingredients for eyes, nose, mouth and hair so that once kids eat the green pepper mouth, for example, they can replace it with a red pepper mouth, then a green bean mouth, etc.
300 calories, 15 g. fat, 385 mg. cholesterol, 430 mg. sodium, 24 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 17 g. protein