Strawberry Tomato Gazpacho
This summer soup is as refreshing and flavorful as it is beautiful!
- 1 pound strawberries, washed, hulled, and coarsely chopped
- 1 pound tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (peeled and seeded)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeds and stem removed
- Zest of 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender, in small batches if necessary. Stir well and taste for salt.
- This soup is at its refreshing best when served just under room temperature. Refrigerate the fruit and vegetables shortly before blending if you plan to serve it immediately.
Perfect for a light lunch with salad and crackers, this gazpacho looks lovely served in a wide-mouthed tumbler or martini glass. Garnish with freshly-snipped chives or a pinch of cracked black pepper.
62 calories, 1 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 204 mg. sodium, 15 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 2 g. protein