Spicy Nori Crisps
Total Time:20 minutes, 5 minutes active
Servings:6 (10 chips)
These spicy nori crisps make a healthy snack and are also delicious aside or as a garnish for Asian-inspired dishes.
- 10 sheets nori (preferably untoasted)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons garlic gomashio (or sesame seeds)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the Sriracha and water. Fold the nori sheet in half, then open it up. Lightly brush the inside of the nori sheet with the sriracha mixture and sprinkle with gomashio. Fold the nori back together and press to seal. Place the nori on a baking tray, and using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, cut each sheet into 6 rectangles. Bake the nori chips for 12-15 minutes until crisp. Remove from the oven, lightly brush with sesame oil and sprinkle with salt. Let cool 5 minutes before eating.
These nori crisps go well with Asian-inspired dishes, can be used as a garnish or eaten as healthy snack. The recipe is can be easily varied to make it your own. Here are just a few variations to try:
- Substitute wasabi powder in place of the sriracha
- Brush the baked nori with a mixture of tamari, rice wine vinegar or chili oil
- Sprinkle baked chips with garlic powder or cayenne pepper
calories 77, Fat 6 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 252 mg, carbohydrates, 2 g, protein 3 g