Southwestern Grilled Chicken
A simple marinade featuring chipotle chili powder, cilantro and lime juice makes this chicken festive and flavorful.
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil and tamari. Add the herbs and spices and mix well. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and discard the marinade. Grill each breast 7-8 minutes per side or until the juices run clear. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat to determine when the chicken is done; the internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F.
Pair this chicken with freshly-made succotash, tangy slaw or bean salad, and use any leftovers to make a chicken hash or burritos. Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breast meat for a more economical meal.
Calories: 307, Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 145 mg, Sodium: 205 mg, Carbohydrate: 1 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 53 g