Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Blueberries
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes; 15 minutes active
This rich sour cream coffee cake can be made any time of the year, thanks to the wide availability of frozen blueberries.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a 9-inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder and stir into the batter. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Fill the bundt pan with half the batter, sprinkle in half the pecan mix, then pour in the remaining batter and top with remaining pecan mix. Use a knife or fork to swirl the pecan mix into the cake batter.
- Bake 60 minutes, or until a knife blade inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
447 calories, 24 g. fat, 82 mg. cholesterol, 59 mg. sodium, 56 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 4 g. protein