Roasted Radishes with Bacon
Tender radishes and crispy bacon are slow-roasted with garlic and fresh sage for a simple and spectacular salad.
- 1 pound (about 3 cups) radishes
- 4 slices uncooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- Pinch each of salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Oil a rimmed sheet pan.
- Cut the radishes in half after removing leaves and dice the bacon. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and lay out on the sheet pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is well-cooked and the radishes are tender. Drain off some of the bacon grease before serving warm on a bed of fresh greens.
This earthy dish works best alongside simple roasted or grilled meats and poultry. Omit the bacon and add a splash of balsamic vinegar for a perky, vegetarian option that pairs well with mac and cheese.
106 calories, 9 g. fat, 13 mg. cholesterol, 227 mg. sodium, 4 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 3 g. protein