Roasted Potato Salad with Lemon Pesto Vinaigrette
Total Time:35 minutes
Dressed with vinaigrette, this no-mayo potato salad is a delicious addition to traditional picnic fare.
- 1 1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash and chop the potatoes (skin on) into bite-sized chunks, place them in a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the salt and pepper. Place the potatoes on a sheet pan and roast until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- While the potatoes bake, place the lemon juice, mustard and minced garlic together in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify,then add the fresh basil and mix well. Pour the dressing over the cooled potatoes and mix well. Garnish with shredded Parmesan.
Best served at room temperature, this salad is a delicious addition to traditional picnic fare. Add greens, tomatoes or other favorite summer vegetables to make it the center of the plate, and top with toasted pine nuts if you like.
Calories: 256, Fat: 14 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 98 mg, Carbohydrate: 32 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 4 g