Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Shallots
Roasting Brussels sprouts brings out their sweetness, and a little browning on the edges adds wonderful depth to the flavor.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 small shallots, quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400⁰F. In a heavy 9x13 roasting pan or casserole, toss the Brussels sprouts and shallots. In a cup, stir the olive oil, honey and champagne vinegar and drizzle over the Brussels sprout mixture. Add the salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, at 400⁰F for 20 minutes, stir, and roast for 20 minutes more. The Brussels sprouts will be browned and slightly shrunken.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. These keep wall in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Enjoy these Brussels alongside roasted chicken or fish or tossed with cooked pasta and lemon vinaigrette. Any leftovers make a great pizza topping.
100 calories, 3.5 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 320 mg. sodium, 17 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 4 g. protein