Roast Beef Sandwich with Wasabi Mayo
Wasabi mayo gives these roast beef sandwiches a delightful zing.
- 12 ounces roast beef, sliced
- 4 ounces hot pepper jack cheese, sliced thin
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the wasabi powder and water together until well blended. Whisk in the mayo, tamari, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside for a few minutes to let the flavors blend.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread 1 tablespoon of wasabi mayonnaise on each slice of bread, then top 4 bread slices with 3 ounces of roast beef, sliced cheese, 1 lettuce leaf, tomato and onion slices and a second slice of bread.
Brown-bagging it? Make the wasabi mayo the night before. Leftover wasabi mayo can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days; use it to spice up a tuna or chicken salad.
Calories: 448, Fat: 19 g, Cholesterol: 78 mg, Sodium: 1056 mg, Carbohydrate: 36 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 31 g