Potato and Chickpea Salad
A tasty potato salad to serve alongside hamburgers, hot dogs or BBQ chicken!
- 3 pounds red, Yukon Gold or purple potatoes, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, leaves whole, stems removed
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coarse grain mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in large pot with enough salted water to cover. Boil until potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and rinse with cool water, allow to cool (see Tip).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, mayo and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add garbanzo beans and parsley, toss to coat. Add potatoes and gently fold into dressing. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Served immediately at room temp or refrigerate and serve cold (salad may be made one day ahead).
Great salad to serve with hamburgers, hot dogs or BBQ chicken!
288 calories, 6 g. fat, 2 mg. cholesterol, 213 mg. sodium, 52 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 9 g. protein