This gravy complements pan-seared chicken and vegetarian holiday favorites like garlic mashed potatoes or vegan turkey.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons finely diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add onion, carrots and celery. Sauté until softened, then add the mushrooms and sauté until browned. Add the vegetable stock, tamari, rosemary and thyme and bring to a boil.
- In a small skillet, heat the remaining olive oil and whisk in the flour to form a roux. Add the roux to the stock once it begins to boil and whisk until smooth. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until it reaches desired thickness. Serve immediately.
This gravy complements pan-seared chicken breasts as well as vegetarian holiday favorites like garlic mashed potatoes, lentil loaf, rice pilaf, couscous or vegan turkey.
78 calories, 7 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 4 g. carbohydrates, 1 g. protein, 0 g. fiber, 125 mg. sodium