Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
Total Time:45 minutes; 10 minutes active
A little bit cake, a little bit brownie and a little bit pudding, this easy-to-make chocolate cake is outrageously good.
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus one tablespoon cocoa powder (divided)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Oil an 8- or 9-inch square or round baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, butter and vanilla.
- Stir the egg and butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently until just blended. Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Stir together the brown sugar and remaining cocoa powder and sprinkle evenly across the top of the cake batter. Stir together the coffee and water and gently pour over the top of the entire cake (the liquid topping will become the bottom pudding portion of the cake while baking). Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center (the bottom of the cake will still be molten). Remove the cake from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Spoon portions into small dessert bowls or plates and garnish each serving with a few small scoops of vanilla bean ice cream (use a melon baller) or fresh berries.
199 calories, 6 g. fat, 38 mg. cholesterol, 245 mg. sodium, 35 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 3 g. protein