Grilled Tempeh Salad with Sesame-Ginger Dressing
Total Time: 35 minutes
This bold sesame-ginger dressing recipe is perfect with this salad of grilled tempeh, pineapple and crisp snow peas.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white miso (see Tips)
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 teaspoons Asian hot sauce
- 1 8-ounce package tempeh (see Tips)
- 6 pineapple rings, 1/4 inch thick
- 12 cups greens, preferably Asian mix
- 1 cup sliced trimmed snow peas or snap peas
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Whisk orange juice, miso, sesame oil, vinegar, ginger and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tips). Grill tempeh until lightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Grill pineapple until marked, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Put salad greens and peas in a large bowl. Coarsely chop the pineapple; add to the bowl. Drizzle the salad with 1/2 cup of the dressing; toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates or bowls. Thinly slice the tempeh and place in the bowl. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and gently toss to coat. Divide the tempeh among the salads and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
310 calories, 20 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 560 mg. sodium, 22 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 16 g. protein