Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa
Total Time:30 minutes
This vibrant salsa combines sweet mangos, sour lime and spicy jalapenos for spectacular results. It's mouthwateringly good on chicken or other grilled meats, vegetables, or if you dare, straight out of the salsa bowl.
- 1 1/2 cups mango, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper,diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro,minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 breasts)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- To prepare salsa, toss mango, green pepper, onion, jalapeno, cumin and cilantro in a mixing bowl with lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Salsa may be prepared up to a day in advance, to allow flavors to combine.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Lightly brush the individual chicken breasts with vegetable oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place them on the grill and cook until the juices run clear, about 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat, let them rest 2 minutes, then place on individual serving plates and top with the salsa.
This bright-flavored salsa is also delicious with tuna steaks, accompanied by steamed rice and a nice hot sauce. Complete the tropical theme with a Piña Colada, plantain chips and coconut flan or mango sorbet for dessert.
Calories: 335, Fat: 18 g, Cholesterol: 105 mg, Sodium: 142 mg, Carbohydrate: 7 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 35 g