Grilled Apricots with Chevre and Honey
This delicious, elegant dessert is deceptively easy to make.
- 4 apricots, halved and pitted
- 4 ounces soft chevre
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil to brush the apricot halves
- Preheat the grill over medium heat.
- In the microwave or in a small saucepan, gently heat the honey, orange juice, and tarragon. Stir well and set aside.
- Brush each apricot half with a little canola oil and sprinkle with salt. Place apricots cut side down on the grill for about 2-3 minutes. Turn the apricots over and reduce the heat to low. Brush each apricot halve with the honey mixture (save any unused honey mixture to serve with the finished apricots). Top each apricot half with 1/2 oz. of goat cheese. Close the grill lid and let the cheese melt for a couple of minutes. Serve with a drizzle of the remaining honey mixture.
This sweet little recipe works as an appetizer or salad with some fresh lettuce, arugula or watercress, or as a dessert when drizzled with warm honey.
Calories: 211, Fat: 14 g, Cholesterol: 30 mg, Sodium: 151 mg, Carbohydrate: 14 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 9 g