Grilled Adobo Flank Steak with Corn and Tomato Relish
This sizzling summer recipe is perfect for an outdoor grill, friendly for gluten-free diets, and takes only 45 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak
- 4 cloves peeled garlic
- 2 chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce (canned)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 1 chopped chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce (canned)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Combine all marinade ingredients into a food processor or blender and puree.
- Pour half the marinade over the flank steak and let sit for 30 minutes. Over a medium-hot grill, cook to desired doneness (145 degrees for medium-rare), brushing on additional marinade while on the grill. Remove from heat and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- For the relish: In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the rested flank steak on the bias and top with tomato and corn relish.
Serve with grilled sourdough bread, warmed tortillas, or corn chips.
368 calories, 15 g. fat, 85 mg. cholesterol, 90 mg. sodium, 26 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 33 g. protein