Easy Arugula Salad Pizza
Total Time:20 minutes
The contrast between a hot, crispy crust and a cool, leafy salad makes this easy pizza seem much more complicated than it is. Great in summer, or anytime you want a quick, fresh meal.
- 1 14-inch pre-baked pizza crust, thin
- 3 tablespoons thick pizza sauce
- 4 ounces Romano cheese
- 2 ounces arugula, washed and dried
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the pizza crust on a sheet pan. Spread the sauce over the crust and shred 1 ounce of the cheese over the top. Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the crust, to crisp it.
- While the crust bakes, use a vegetable peeler to shave the remaining cheese into thin slivers. Toss the arugula, oil, lemon juice and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a bowl. When the crust is hot and crisp, top with the arugula and cheese shavings and cut in four slices. Serve immediately
378 calories, 11 g. fat, 30 mg. cholesterol, 862 mg. sodium, 50 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 19g. protein