Cumin Raisin Quinoa
Quinoa’s nuttiness is accented with cumin and sweet golden raisins in this delightful pilaf.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Sauté onions in oil in a large stockpot over medium high heat until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add cumin and stir to coat. Add quinoa, raisins and broth or water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Stir in cilantro, if using.
- Serve warm, room temp or chilled.
Served with grilled or baked chicken, roasted eggplant or all on it’s own as a vegan salad or entrée, this protein packed dish is a tasty and versatile!
137 calories, 2 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 230 mg. sodium, 29 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 4 g. protein