Chipotle Cherry Barbecue Sauce
Total Time:70 minutes; 10 minutes active
Why make your own barbecue sauce? This sweet, smoky, spice cherry chipotle barbecue sauce is one mouthwatering reason.
- 2 cups cherries, washed and pitted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 2/3 cups canned diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1/4 cup canned chipotle sauce
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until well combined and transfer to a saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, on medium heat for about 60 minutes until sauce is reduced by half, or reaches desired thickness.
Take advantage of in-season fresh cherries and make a double batch of this slightly sweet, slightly spicy sauce. Serve with barbecued chicken, pork or burgers, or drizzle over smoky marinated tofu steaks.
40 calories, 1 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 380 mg. sodium, 9 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 0 g. protein