Avocado Chimichurri Sauce
Total Time:10 to 15 minutes
This avocado chimichurri is tasty on chicken, steak, pork chops or vegetables. It's a great bruschetta topping, too.
- 2 large ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss the diced avocado with the lime juice and olive oil.
- Stir in remainder of ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Per Serving: 36 calories, 0 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 4 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. dietary fiber, 1 g. protein, 202 mg. sodium