Chicken with Green Olives & Prunes
The delicious combination of sweet, tart and savory flavors makes a simple dish the star of a weeknight meal.
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives, such as Spanish, Cerignola or cracked green
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted prunes
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Add broth and vinegar to the pan; bring to a simmer, stirring. Add olives, prunes and pepper; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until the chicken is tender and no longer pink in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Spoon sauce over the chicken and serve.
Calories: 223, Carbohydrates: 7 g., Fat: 8 mg., Saturated Fat: 2 mg., Monounsaturated Fat: 4 mg., Protein: 29 mg., Cholesterol: 118 g., Fiber: 1 g., Postassium: mg., Sodium: 394 mg., Added Sugars: 0 mg.