Total Time:10 minutes
Enjoy this simple chantilly crème, a French classic that can be added to many cakes and pastries.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or scrape the inside of a single vanilla bean)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Add ice and water to a large mixing bowl.
- Place a medium sized bowl inside the large bowl. Add cream and vanilla extract. Using a whisk or hand mixer, start beating the cream and then add confectioner's sugar. Whip until the mixture holds a stiff peak.
Serve with fresh berries, fruit tarts, berry pies or chocolate cake and brownies.
Per 2 tablespoons: 53 Calories , 6 g. fat, 20 mg. cholesterol, 6 mg. sodium, 1 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 0 g. protein