Bruschetta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This bruschetta makes a great start to any summertime meal!
- 1 baguette, sliced into about 24 even rounds
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced or diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Toast the baguette slices on 2 sheet pans for 5-10 minutes, until the bread is lightly browned and crisp. Evenly distribute the fresh mozzarella on the toasted baguette slices. Return to the oven for another 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- While the bread is toasting, in a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, minced garlic, olive oil, basil and salt and pepper. Top the toasted baguette slices and mozzarella with the tomato mixture and serve immediately.
Bruschetta makes a great start to any summertime meal. Add olives, capers, or roasted eggplant to the topping, or substitute chopped heirloom tomatoes for the Romas and sun-dried tomatoes.
Calories: 225, Fat: 12 g, Cholesterol: 30 mg, Sodium: 451 mg, Carbohydrate: 18 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 12 g