Broccoli Rabe with Garlic & Anchovies
Total Time:25 minutes
Servings:8, generous 1/2 cup each
Broccoli rabe is tossed with a rich mixture of garlic, olive oil and anchovies in this easy side dish.
- 2 pounds broccoli rabe, stem ends trimmed, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot or Dutch oven of water to a boil. Add broccoli rabe and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, anchovies and crushed red pepper (if using); cook, stirring, until the garlic is very light brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe, toss to coat, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 82, Carbohydrates: 4 g., Fat: 6 mg., Saturated Fat: 1 mg., Monounsaturated Fat: 4 mg., Protein: 5 mg., Cholesterol: 3 g., Fiber: 3 g., Postassium: mg., Sodium: 220 mg., Added Sugars: 0 mg.