Broccoli and Tomato Packets
Total Time:15 minutes
As long as you are cooking dinner on the grill, throw these easy veggie packets on there, too. A simple balsamic vinaigrette inside the packet combines with the juices of ripe tomatoes, creating a lively Mediterranean sauce.
- 3/4 pound broccoli, about 2 stalks
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Tear 4 12-inch squares of foil. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, tomato and garlic. In a cup, stir the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place 1/4 of the vegetables in the center of each square of foil. Pull the opposite sides of each foil square up, fold them together to crimp. Fold the ends of the foil into a crimp to seal the pouch.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Use long tongs to place the foil packets on the grill grate. Cover, let the vegetables cook for 10 minutes, then unfold one end and pierce a piece of broccoli with a paring knife. When the broccoli is crisp-tender, remove the veggie packets from the grill.
- Serve one packet per person.
113 calories, 7 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 617 mg. sodium, 11 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 3 g. protein