Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
Tart grapefruit, creamy avocado and sweet honey mint dressing combine for a great tasting, healthy salad.
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced (about 1 small shallot)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice (squeezed from the removed membranes)
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 4 cups Bibb or leaf lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and segment the grapefruit, removing the white membranes. Squeeze the membrane into a bowl and reserve 2 tablespoons of juice for the dressing. Halve, pit, and peel the avocados, then slice lengthwise into half-inch slices.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking the minced shallot, fresh mint, honey, grapefruit juice, lime juice and zest, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place a cup of lettuce on each of four salad plates. Top the lettuce with equal slices of grapefruit and avocado. Drizzle each salad with approximately 1 tablespoon of dressing.
Perfect with a yogurt parfait for a light lunch, or accompanying roast chicken or a flaky steamed, grilled or baked fish like salmon.
Calories: 218, Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 65 mg, Carbohydrate: 36 g, Dietary Fiber: 9 g, Protein: 4 g