Almond-Crusted Chicken Fingers
Total Time:40 minutes
These chicken tenders are seasoned in an almond and whole-wheat flour crust and baked (not fried!) to perfection.
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
- Place almonds, flour, paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until the almonds are finely chopped and the paprika is mixed throughout, about 1 minute. With the motor running, drizzle in oil; process until combined. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish.
- Whisk egg whites in a second shallow dish. Add chicken tenders and turn to coat. Transfer each tender to the almond mixture; turn to coat evenly (Discard any remaining egg white and almond mixture). Place the tenders on the prepared rack and coat with cooking spray; turn and spray the other side.
- Bake the chicken fingers until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.
Calories: 174, Carbohydrates: 4 g., Fat: 4 mg., Saturated Fat: 1 mg., Monounsaturated Fat: 2 mg., Protein: 27 mg., Cholesterol: 66 g., Fiber: 1 g., Postassium: mg., Sodium: 254 mg., Added Sugars: 0 mg.